An attempt at a healthier sour cream coffee cake (minus the sour cream)
- Spray a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together sugar, margarine or butter, vanilla, and egg until light yellow and fluffy.
- Pour one 5oz. package vanilla yogurt into a 3/4 c. and top off with your choice of milk.
- In a small bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- Slowly, in small parts, mix flour mixture, alternating with yogurt mixture, into batter until all is combined.
- If the batter is too dry, add 1-2 Tbsps. more milk and stir ’til combined.
- For streusel, mix all ingredients together except blueberries.
- Dust the bottom of the loaf pan with streusel and then sprinkle with blueberries.
- Spread about 1/2 the cake batter into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with streusel and then sprinkle with blueberries. Push the blueberries down into the batter a little.
- Spread the remaining 1/2 batter on top.
- Sprinkle any remaining streusel and blueberries on top, pushing the blueberries into the top batter a little to keep them in place.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 – 55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
2 thoughts on “Blueberries & Cream Cinnamon Coffee Cake”
yummy cake… Blueberry is always on my top list… love it…..
yummy cake .. blueberry is always on my top list.. love it