- 1 c. dried tricolor quinoa
- 2 c. water
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. dried apricots (apx. 3-4 dried apricots), sliced into strips
- 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, shaved/shredded (Shredding it with a vegetable peeler is just fine.)
- salt and pepper to taste
*You could add a nut of some kind, maybe pine nuts or sliced almonds. I’m allergic, so it’s hard for me to say.
- In a medium size sauce pan, cook quinoa with water according to its package.
- While quinoa is simmering, add raisins.
- Allow to sit covered in pot for five minutes.
- Fluff quinoa and raisins with a fork (like rice).
- In the sauce pan or in a large mixing bowl, stir in all of the remaining ingredients with the warm quinoa.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 10-15 minutes for flavors to meld and serve warm or allow to cool completely and serve cold.
**Tastes even better as left-overs the next day. 😉