(No Sugar Added)
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 c. Splenda or sucralose
- You can also use stevia, but cut the amount in half to 1/4 c.
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 c. plain or plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of the lemon
- 3/4 c. rolled quick oats
- 1/2 c. steel cut or Irish oats
- 3/4 c. Splenda or sucralose
- If using stevia, cut the amount to a little over 1/3 c.
To Make Filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice strawberries, chop rhubarb, and mix in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 c. Splenda and lemon zest, mix well, and set aside to macerate.
To Make Topping
- Juice the lemon and strain the seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and lemon juice; stir well.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a 9×9″ baking pan.
- In the same large mixing bowl, combine oats, 3/4 c. Splenda, and yogurt.
- Mix until you get a crumbly texture.
- Spoon the mixture over the top of the fruit and spread out with a spoon or spatula.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until topping is slightly browned and fruit mixture is bubbly.
Allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes, but serve warm, with vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream if desired. (But, it’s great plain, too, and cool the next day!)