With red pepper salsa, pineapple, & mango
Red Pepper Salsa
Rice & Beans
To Make Red Pepper Salsa
- Put bell pepper, cucumber, and onion chunks in a food processor and blend or pulse until finely chopped.
- Add vinegar, chili paste (1-2 tsps. to taste), and cilantro, and pulse until cilantro and chili paste is chopped and evenly distributed.
- Take out ½ cup for cooking and save any extra for chips, etc.
To Make Beans & Rice
- Combine mango, beans, pineapple chunks, ½ c. salsa in a medium sauce pan. Heat on medium low to low heat ’til cooked through.
- Reduce to simmer while making the shrimp.
- Warm up cooked rice (in microwave or in a medium pot on medium-low heat with a Tsbp. of water) if needed.
- Place warmed rice in a large bowl.
To Make Shrimp
- Coat a medium to large saute pan with a thin layer of brushed on olive or vegetable oil or coat with cooking spray and heat on medium high heat.
- Add chopped red bell pepper to pan and saute until it starts to brown a little, just a couple of minutes.
- Add garlic and spices.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque and pink, stirring occasionally.
- Pour bean mixture over rice in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour shrimp mixture over that and toss.
- Cube avocado and sprinkle avocado chunks and green onions over the top.
Serve immediately, with hot sauce if desired.